Stan O’Loughlin has been a lawyer for the University of Pittsburgh since January 2023. Prior to joining the University, Stan served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Attorney General for the State of New York from 2011-2022. During his time there, Stan served in various roles, primarily in the Litigation Bureau, including as a line attorney and later acting Section Chief of the Commercial Section, and as a senior attorney in the Education Section. In those roles he regularly represented various state agencies and officers in litigation including SUNY and CUNY (the nation’s largest university system); the New York Departments of Education; State; Taxation & Finance; Financial Services; Motor Vehicles and the NY State Thruway Authority. Stan is a two-time recipient of the Lefkowitz Award, the Office's highest honor, presented personally by the Attorney General. Prior to joining the AG’s Office, Stan worked in private practice at what is now Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP in New York City. Stan began his legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable D. Michael Fisher of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Stan is a magna cum laude graduate of Cardozo Law School where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Cardozo Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif and the Dean’s Distinguished Scholars Committee. Stan received his B.A. in Economics from Colby College.
Areas of PracticeStudent Affairs, International Engagement
- Colby College, B.A. in Economics (2001)
- Cardozo Law School, J.D. (2007)
- Environmental Charter School Board of Trustees (Pittsburgh, PA), 2023-present
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Past Member, New York Bar Association
- Past Member, New York County Bar Association
- Past Member, New York City Bar Association
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- P: 412-624-6606
- F: 412-624-1146